Military Comm Center  

Go Back   Military Comm Center > Military Comm Center - All Military branches welcome > Sponsors and Preppers Forum > Prepper Discussions

Old 09-08-2019, 10:23 AM
Administrator

Default Am I the only one???

Who has noticed all the add's playing on TV lately that talks about having at least 72 hours of food and water stored for an emergency?

Made me think, are you people nuts in thinking 72 hours of backup supplies is good enough? Are you fucking kidding me, what ya going to do if shit hits the fan for a month? Or even two months?

Look, let's be real here people. If you don't have a month or better yet two months of supplies when a REAL emergency comes along how you gonna explain to the family WHY you don't have food or water for their survival?

For me one of my driving forces is NOT wanting my wife to ask...WHY aren't we prepared? Your a Marine and as such were taught to always be prepared.

I read all the time about people saying, WE can't afford to stock up on food and or supplies. SHIT, you can't afford not too.

Check it our, yesterday while at our local market (Winco) I found water selling for $3.98 for 40 bottles of water. As I was walking the store for deals I came across Idaho Butter and Herb mash potatoes that only need water to cook them. No mile or butter, just water and selling for $.98 each and the best part is their good until 2021. Tuna with an expiration date of 2021 selling for $.98 each.

No one says you have to spend $100.00 on survival food every time you go to the store. What you need to do is shop wisely and buy a couple of items each time you hit the stores.....Just say

Cpl Miller USMC 1964 - 1970
www.yellowfootprints.com
Old 09-08-2019, 01:17 PM

Shoot I have at least 6 months of water and boat load of stuff to eat and if I wanted to I could stretch my supply into 8 months...
Old 09-08-2019, 03:50 PM
Administrator

So how hard was it to collect what you have, months, years?

www.yellowfootprints.com
Old 09-08-2019, 05:40 PM

Not sure what you are worried about. Zombie apocolypse? Have you seen how many fat fucks we have in this country? Food has never been more abundant, don't worry we're not running out of it.

You're just a sucker for a certain kind of targeted ads for olds, buy gold, prepper gruel in a bucket, lol suckers.
Old 09-09-2019, 11:37 AM

Did you hear something ??
Old 09-10-2019, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose Limbs View Post
Not sure what you are worried about. Zombie apocolypse? Have you seen how many fat fucks we have in this country? Food has never been more abundant, don't worry we're not running out of it.

You're just a sucker for a certain kind of targeted ads for olds, buy gold, prepper gruel in a bucket, lol suckers.
Oh? What if an EMP (man made or natural) took place? How are you going to get the food to where it is needed? How do you plan on keeping said food? Process it? 99.9% of everything running these days have electronics, which will be fried.
Old 09-10-2019, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpl Miller View Post
So how hard was it to collect what you have, months, years?

It took a couple of months going and buying can stuff when it was sale and last year we bought 10, 30 packs of water and we had some left over so we bought 6 ,30 count of bottle water and more caned veggies and some meats that had been process for none refrigerator like the pre package Bacon and other items to get we used coupons on stuff I guess two years and Come next years we will stock pile more food and water.. We will keep going strong..
Old 09-10-2019, 06:59 PM
Administrator

What am I worried about you ask...well considering I live in California where we're all waiting for the big one I think that alone justifies storing a little extra food and water, medication, and a means of protection.

My question to you is, WHAT are YOU going to do when the stores run out of food in 3 days and your neighbors tell you to go fuck yourselves and add, YOU should have been prepared? Just saying

www.yellowfootprints.com
Old 09-10-2019, 08:08 PM

Good question ,Thanks
Old 09-13-2019, 06:41 AM

While canned goods are better than nothing, I prefer the freeze dried foods because of their long shelf life. And
I must say, Mountain House is mighty tasty!