Military Comm Center  

Go Back   Military Comm Center > Military Comm Center - All Military branches welcome > General Open Forums And More

Old 04-29-2017, 09:38 AM
Administrator

Default So you don't think being prepared is needed?

Ya better think again people.....SOMETHING is coming down the tubes be it North Korea, or disasters in one form or another.

For me prepping took hold many years ago. As a Marine we were always taught to be prepared, have your gear ready to go in a minutes notice.

As a Marine it was for going into battle, as a private citizen it's become part of my life duo to the unknown. I never want to hear my wife or kids say...DAD why were you NOT prepared for this, your a Marine?

As I travel around the internet I watch and listen to what's going on around the world. I also listen to what others have to say.

Some time ago I ran across a Marine (John) who posts video's on You tube about his thought's of being prepared. This guy really seems to nail it and I think it's time I share his You Tube link so others of like mind can see your not alone in your thought's...I hope you agree.

Cpl Miller USMC 1964 - 1970
www.yellowfootprints.com
Old 04-29-2017, 11:07 AM

Got me over a year's supply of survival food, a couple of 50 gallon water tanks, a water purification system, and lots of ammo.
Old 04-29-2017, 12:35 PM

I've got my SH*T together...
Old 04-29-2017, 01:35 PM
Administrator

Keg it's you and me brother....other than the two 55 gallon drums you mention I have 4, 55 gallon drums to make sure I have water for those family members who plan on coming here. I also store a lot of bottle water although you need to be careful because the plastic in these bottles gets soft after some time being stored.

Like you we have the food, water, and a bunch of other stuff. I have almost two of everything. Because we camp and hunt I've also added a few secondary items like a new Coleman stove and lanterns that not only use white gas, they also use regular car fuel. Searching Walmart's on-line store I found these older type stoves that you hand pump. I also carry an adapter that takes the place of the pump for propane.

Because freeze dried foods can cost a pretty penny I also look for can goods that have a shelf life of at least 2019. I just left Walmart where I purchased $35.00 of can foods like soaps, Top Roaman which is cheap and last a long time.

If your going to do the can food thing I should mention to make sure what ever you buy it's food you normally eat. Also I like to look for food that I can add to other foods to make a meal. SPAM of all things has no expiration date and can be added to rice, smash potatoes as an example...Use your imagination.

www.yellowfootprints.com
Old 04-29-2017, 01:42 PM
Administrator

Here's one more for you....

www.yellowfootprints.com
Old 04-30-2017, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kegler300 View Post
Got me over a year's supply of survival food, a couple of 50 gallon water tanks, a water purification system, and lots of ammo.
Got 4 cases of MREs, 4 pails of Wise food, 10 or so #10 cans of Mountain House food and a 3 month supply of food from Patriot Food. I also have two types of portable stoves with plenty of fuel for both. One Primus Eta Lite and two Coleman Camp Bistro 1-Burner stoves.

For water, I have a new food grade 275 Gal IBC tote set up as a cistern and an Aquapure water purification system.

Got lots of .223/5.56, .17 HMR, .22LR, 45LC/410ga (for the Judge) and two cans of .45 ACP.

On the air powered side, I have 5,000 .22 cal and 3,000 .177 cal pellets.
Old 04-30-2017, 04:47 PM

I want to prep some but we are about to be evicted from our house. We have the option to buy it, but we are not sure we can get the loan needed. It is hard to store food when you do not know if you will have a good place to live.

Our cabinets are full and we have a freezer full of food. If we lose electricity we are screwed. We never lost power during any of our previous Wars. For a War where conus is hit my family will probably not survive very long.

I just do not have enough money. For food, supplies or housing.
Old 04-30-2017, 05:17 PM

Can you go through the V.A. and get a loan if not see about buying a home through the V.A. with a loan based on you income and see if that works. I got my home through the V.A. and the payments were $165.บบ a month..
Old 04-30-2017, 05:18 PM

Sorry Gary got off topic Just wanted to help him..
Old 04-30-2017, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9th View Post
I've got my SH*T together...

If I had a 40' sailing vessel...then I would really have it together.

But, I do have plenty ammo...Mountain House...not much in the way of stored water ... Plenty of propane for the camping stove and white gas for my lil backpack stove. Water treatment filter...fishing gear...There are chickens,pigs,axis deer and even feral cattle... (these critters are ALL good eating)