Military Comm Center  

Go Back   Military Comm Center > Military Comm Center - All Military branches welcome > General Open Forums And More

Old 02-21-2017, 09:27 AM

Default It WAS a good place for many years

Show them what they will be missing. I encourage everyone to visit MODF, one last time and show them what they will be missing.

Post quality posts, for the last 7 days. I know they don't deserve it. But consider it pouring salt into their wound.

Keep it clean. Make the last week of MODF a place that will be remembered. No account? Make a new one.
Old 02-21-2017, 12:26 PM

They kicked me off, so I can't. They kicked me off for saying we old veterans had tried to kep the place alive. And I asked them why they hated us. They said That was inflammatory and gave me the boot. You get me reinstated, and I will try to get them to keep the Forums running. Otherwise, the commie leftist pinko bassturds can all go to hell!!
Old 02-21-2017, 04:10 PM

Sorry Mr Mike those arrogant bastards lost me for good when they deleted all the Marine Infantry posts that had been so many years in the making.

That was the deal killer for me and I won't be going back.

You know what they say....fucx em and feed em fish heads!
Old 02-21-2017, 04:17 PM

They don't care ... they won't even bother to check.
Old 02-21-2017, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kegler300 View Post
They don't care ... they won't even bother to check.
Your right. Those that run it now are ignorant of those who actually served and serves, when it comes to bonding and Camaraderie. Does not matter which branch one served, it just happens because we all bleed red.
Old 02-21-2017, 05:48 PM

That's why we're now here.
Old 02-22-2017, 07:31 AM

In my opinion, the MDC forums would've eventually come to the way they are now: with no one there. Before the purge, membership participation had already been declining.

The difference is, the bozos who took over in July 2015 had NO RESPECT FOR THE MEMBERS. So instead of the forums dying in honor, we have people leaving in disgust. (Those remaining know that the place was destroyed. They just remained for sentimental reasons.)

I belonged to other (non-military) forums before and they joined the dinosaur. But they didn't fade away in disgust like the MDC forums have or will.
Old 02-22-2017, 06:47 PM

I joined that site in 2001, and it was the most robust military website on the web. So sad to see it's demise ... made a lot of friends there. Glad to see many are here now.
Old 02-23-2017, 07:57 AM
Administrator

For me it goes deep, I joined the ranks at Mil.com back in 1999. From 2000 until 2002 I ran the Marine forums. Like most Marines we fought for every inch of ground dealing with management.

Cpl Moore (Neal) and I would spend meeting after meeting with those bozo's trying to explain how Marines are not the same as the other branches so you can't expect us to act or post the same. But we weren't the only one's, Fred's place also fought like mad for the Coasties and never did win a battle with them.

Once the military heads gave up the place to Monster.com the site was doomed.

I'm not saying I have the answers in building this site, but I have to think running military sites going back to 1995 with my first site (TheFew.com) I have some sort of feel what what we ALL want in this ever changing web thingy.
In the end it really has nothing to do with anything I or the admin's have done here......it's you guys and girls that make a web site what it is.....so anything I or the admin's can do to make your stay more enjoyable step up, THIS is your place in the end......Enough said

Cpl Miller USMC 1964 - 1970
www.yellowfootprints.com
Old 02-23-2017, 08:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpl Miller View Post
Fred's place also fought like mad for the Coasties and never did win a battle with them.
Reading some of the remaining posts on the Coastie section of MDC, it appears that HQ USCG was monitoring the CG forums!

So poor MDC Coasties, not only did they have to contend with the politics of the forum mods, but the AD USCG!

Quote:
Once the military heads gave up the place to Monster.com the site was doomed.
IMO, that's when the first exodus happened. The forums were still active enough, but you felt the reduced numbers.

Quote:
I'm not saying I have the answers in building this site, but I have to think running military sites going back to 1995 with my first site (TheFew.com) I have some sort of feel what what we ALL want in this ever changing web thingy.

In the end it really has nothing to do with anything I or the admin's have done here......it's you guys and girls that make a web site what it is.....so anything I or the admin's can do to make your stay more enjoyable step up, THIS is your place in the end......
I was part of The Few! Though if there were forums there, I never posted. I was still active duty when I joined that site.

While I believe in rules for a site, mutual respect between the admins and the members makes for a happy site that makes you feel like you are physically present.

The present MDC site, the admins have no respect for the members. While many scapegoat Rob for the first exodus, at least he understood that the life of the MDC forums were made by the members and not the admins or the mods.

I noticed some threads and posts on the MDC forums directing people to this site. So far they are unchallenged (meaning not deleted)! That means the mods don't care anymore.