Military Comm Center  

Go Back   Military Comm Center > Military Comm Center - All Military branches welcome > General Open Forums And More > Sports and Hobbies

Old 02-19-2018, 09:27 PM

Default Aquariums (Fish tanks)

My wife new someone who was moving and they wanted to get rid of their aquariums, because they couldn't keep them in the small appt. So, they offered both to my wife, for $100, including all the fish.

This is one of them. I'm going to test the other (also 50 gal) to see if it has any leaks.

Old 02-19-2018, 09:33 PM

How's this for a home aquarium. Some guy in Israel has too much time and money.

Old 02-19-2018, 10:31 PM

I kept my aquarium going for several years, then suddenly nothing would stay alive in it. Water chemistry and all that checked out perfect. I might try to restart it sometime. I miss having my fish.
Old 02-20-2018, 06:57 PM

I had a nice pond caught fish in a fish tank in the year 2000. It kept having a long turb hanging out it’s arse, so I considered honor killing it. It died on its own before I could make up my mind.
Old 02-20-2018, 07:26 PM

In the 80's I had a friend / coworker that tired of his two freshwater tanks, stands and fish. I think it was a 50 and a 35 gal.

Anyway we took them over (he was just looking for a good home for them and we had that to offer) and my wife enjoyed them.

I think there was 2 or 3 big Oscars, a Jack Dempsey, some type of catfish (easily large enough to eat) and some sucker fish. Too long ago to remember, maybe there was more.

I used to get the little green frogs out of the yard and toss them in there once in awhile and the Oscars would clean them up with one gulp.

We had them for several years and gradually one by one they got ick or whatever they called it. Whenever a fish got sick the Jack Dempsey would start biting chunks out of them and they would not last long after that. I eventually had to separate the JD as despite it's small size it was a beast.

We tired of all that when we were down to a limited number of fish and we gave it all away to someone else.

Last edited by Mike Hill0341; 02-20-2018 at 07:29 PM.