Military Comm Center  

Go Back   Military Comm Center > Army > Army Air Wing

Old 10-06-2016, 05:52 PM

Default I can't be the only one here...

67U Y-100, crewman on a CH-47 C and D models.

I know they changed the MOS designation, but that is what it was while I was in.
Old 02-07-2017, 06:10 AM

yo-bo-seh-yo, Hello. Woody your not the only one now. 67n30 huey, 67s30,58D and 67t30 Blackhawk then mos change to 15t30, The CH-47 might be 15U-100 not sure, I was on hooks years ago.
Old 02-08-2017, 02:11 PM

You just may be right on the current designation of the MOS.

And BTW, glad you followed Keg's link that he has posted in several places over there.
Old 02-09-2017, 09:49 AM

Well, do you have any air shows or fly-in at your airport. I go to our local shows ever year. Last year they had 5 Chinese yaks and ww2 planes.
Old 02-09-2017, 02:03 PM

Our airshows are every two years now. We tried one every year, but it only gave us about 1 month of rest before having to start planning the next airshow. After 3 years, we decided to go every other year. Our next show will be in October of 2018. On the off years we try to time the EAA circuit to have an EAA fly-in.
Old 02-28-2017, 07:00 AM

Woody, I got me a ww2 m2 High speed tractor to restore, Also a ww2 bomb hauler truck to restore. They were use at the air field.The m2 was use to pull the B17 and b24. I don,t need to have A@P to work on them. Have you seen the the Army,s new UH 72 Helicopter,s. Well they are the same as the German Air Frame.
Old 03-03-2017, 02:37 PM

Yes, I have seen the Lakota. We have a military fuel contract and all sorts of military birds coming in from time to time. Got a flt of six Chinooks coming Monday.

As for the Lakota, IMO, the Army should have stayed with something built here, not elsewhere. Whoever made that decision is about par to whoever decided to mothball the OH-58 and use two AH-64 as hunter killer teams.
Old 03-05-2017, 05:21 PM

Let me add the decision of giving the AF total control of the C-27 and ultimately mothballing new ones as they came off the assembly line to Davis Monthan. The AF wants to control all things fixed wing, yet wastes so much frigging money in doing so.

Yet another bone headed decision by the Pentagon.

And don't even get me started on the A-10! I think the ignorant bastards should be purposely dropped behind the lines with the option to call whatever CAS they want. Let them see first hand which is better suited.
Old 03-05-2017, 08:40 PM

A few years back the AF wanted the Army to take the A-10 but they seen all the money that went with them. Like you say the Army has got rid of the OH 58delta,s, My unit lost 2, 58D and 4 pilot,s One was a female .I agree the AH64 is a bad ass and the best, but the OH 58 D did so so in Iraq and A-stand . They help take out the Hussian bro.