Military Comm Center  

Go Back   Military Comm Center > Military Comm Center - All Military branches welcome > Grunt Forums

Old 05-23-2018, 06:50 AM

Dec, 1982 at USCG bootcamp, Cape May, NJ

We were about a week from graduation and were marching back from lunch. The CC had us changing directions and everything was going smooth since we had been practicing for 7 weeks.

Out of nowhere, the guy in front of me, Seaman Recruit Gus Merriwether leaps into the air and makes a crazy swing of his hand mere inches from the head of the guy in front of him.

BMC Speed: Merriwether! What the fuck was that?

Gus: Sir, a bee sir.

BMC after pausing a second: If that bee is on this base it's government property, DON'T FUCK WITH IT!

Gus: Sir, yes sir.

It was pretty difficult for the company not to laugh.
Old 05-23-2018, 07:41 AM
Administrator

There were words and phrases I can't repeat here, might hurt your eyes..LOL

Cpl Miller USMC 1964 - 1970
www.yellowfootprints.com
Old 05-23-2018, 07:55 AM

Near the end of our basic training we got a new Platoon Sgt. He was a short guy and had just returned from Nam. During the day he was one S.O.B. ... then at night he'd come around the barracks after he'd been drinking some hard stuff, and he'd just sit and tell stories about Nam (like he was one-of-the-guys). He was a short, sorry PIS for a Platoon Sgt.
Old 05-23-2018, 02:13 PM

My drill sergeant in Basic was named Hill.

When I got strep throat he would not let me go to sick call. Totally against the rules. Anyway, my throat shut down and I could not talk one word.

He told the platoon my new name was cum throat and that the reason I could not sound off was from sucking my buddies dick and swallowing too much cum.

After a few weeks of sickness, another drill sergeant let me go to sick call. The medic asked if I wanted to go to the hospital and maybe miss some training. I said fuck no, I was not going through again. He gave me some Tylenol and throat lozenges.

I graduated a few weeks later and still had strep throat.

When I got to AIT I was well. I guess my body finally beat it.
Old 05-24-2018, 08:12 AM

our whole platoon had strep. we'd get marched out to the 'docs' on base and we'd all receive a huge painful shot of stuff in the ass cheek. I woke up most days at 5 something in the morning still sweating from a fever.
Old 05-24-2018, 03:17 PM

Most boots caught the “crud” - walking pnamonia.
Old 05-24-2018, 04:54 PM

I would have liked a shot to help my throat and fevers.
Old 06-04-2018, 01:28 PM

"Dress and COVER!!" (while forming up the platoon at dress right dress and cover down - 40 inches all around!)

While we were crawling through the live fire machine gun course, our Senior Drill Instructor for the Company, a HUGE Black guy started yelling over the Machine Gun Fire: "Pick up the PACE! Why, my Grandma can crawl faster than that!!" Short pause, then he Bellowed: "And she's 8 Months PREGNANT!!"

Even despite the M-60 Machine Gun fire over us, everybody started laughing! They had to shut down the course, cuz none of us could get serious again!
Old 06-05-2018, 10:31 AM

Piss cutters - it’s a hat/cover.
Old 06-08-2018, 09:27 AM

My first drill Sgt was a big over-weight guy (E-6) and was just kill'n time until he retired - which was in a couple of weeks.

We were out on the drill field and everyone was just standing around, BS'n ... talking ... tell'n jokes. All of a sudden the Sgt looks over and see's the Captain coming toward us. The Sgt yells, "Attention! Demonstrator POST!" and some Corporal steps forward with his rifle and begins to demonstrate how to left-face, right-face, about-face, order-arms, etc., etc., etc. with the Stg calling out the commands. The Captain just watched for a while and then left. As oon as the Captain got out of hearing the Stg. said "At ease! Light 'em up if ya got 'em" and we just stood around for the next half hour.

When I went in I was really 'gung-ho' about being the 'best GI the Army ever seen'. After that day I began to wonder "why?". It was really a big let down for me.

Then the DI from Nam who showed up drunk, want'n to tell stories or fight every night really made me question 'Army leadership' and ask myself "What have I gotten myself into?"

Things got better after Basic Training and I wouldn't change things looking back.