Military Comm Center  

Go Back   Military Comm Center > Army > General Discussion

Old 05-29-2017, 05:08 AM

Default Army way of life

I was(am) an Army brat and for sure there could be no better life for a male child to live then traveling the world or US and meeting different ppl and seeing all the sights. The Army has so many bases in every area of the world, but there is no place like the USA where to strut your stuff at the base pool, or those cook outs that are jumping today! So have a good Memorial day and stay safe remember we all are in this together, your way of military life is one of the best, ironically! My father is popping the top of one already in heaven and standing around the grill BSing with all his old buds, while I stand there proud of him and this America, thanks Army!!
Old 02-04-2018, 05:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobb12919 View Post
I was(am) an Army brat and for sure there could be no better life for a male child to live then traveling the world or US and meeting different ppl and seeing all the sights. The Army has so many bases in every area of the world, but there is no place like the USA where to strut your stuff at the base pool, or those cook outs that are jumping today! So have a good Memorial day and stay safe remember we all are in this together, your way of military life is one of the best, ironically! My father is popping the top of one already in heaven and standing around the grill BSing with all his old buds, while I stand there proud of him and this America, thanks Army!!
I agree, Bob. That's a privileged life, in a way. At least that's how I see it. It certainly builds character, and that's priceless.
Old 02-04-2018, 06:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmittK View Post
I agree, Bob. That's a privileged life, in a way. At least that's how I see it. It certainly builds character, and that's priceless.
Welcome EmmittK!

Are you a vet? If yes what branch, if no welcome to you again!
Old 02-05-2018, 03:36 PM

I was an Air Force brat up until I enlisted in the Marine Corps. Traveled the country and overseas as a dependent. Privileged to continue service to my country after my dad retired.