Military Comm Center  

Go Back   Military Comm Center > Military Comm Center - All Military branches welcome > General Open Forums And More

Old 08-28-2017, 03:46 AM

Default Talk about dumb!

Health professionals report cases where people put sunscreen on their eyeballs to watch eclipse

Quote:
A health professional in California reported cases where eclipse-viewers sought medical treatment because they put sunscreen on their eyeballs to view last week’s solar eclipse.

KRCTV.com reported that these individuals applied the sunscreen because they did not have the NASA-approved eyewear.

“One of my colleagues at moonlight here stated yesterday that they had patients presenting at their clinic that put sunscreen on their eyeball, and presented that they were having pain and they were referred to an ophthalmologist,” Trish Patterson, a nurse at Prestige Urgent Care in Redding, Calif., said.

The Sun also reported that doctors in Virginia have reported patients complaining of applying sunscreen to their eyes.

The nurse said that it only takes seconds of staring at directly at the sun to cause lasting damage to the retina.
The dumbing down of folks these days never cease to make me wonder where we are headed.
Old 08-28-2017, 04:14 PM

Old 08-30-2017, 06:02 PM

I bet they were Obama and Hillary voters.

I remember a scam where women were promised free breast scans by satellite. All they had to do was stand topless in front of window. Many did.

I remember another scam where women were supposed to stand outside by the road, topless, because muslims were supposed to kill themselves, if they saw a naked women. I actually saw one woman doing that, in Westport WA. Couldn't believe my eyes. Had to drive back and see if I was seeing things.
Old 08-30-2017, 08:06 PM

that should take care of the problem -