Military Comm Center  

Go Back   Military Comm Center > Military Comm Center - All Military branches welcome > Site Updates and Comments

Old 03-20-2017, 11:46 AM
Administrator

Default When we start loosing members..

When we start loosing members due to the actions of others it's time for me to take steps I've never done before. There are times in life when one must make a decision that is not easy to make but you know you have to make that decision anyways.
Before I take any actions though I have reached out to the admin's for their thoughts on my possible decision moving forward.

I'll explain more later...

Cpl Miller USMC 1964 - 1970
www.yellowfootprints.com
Old 03-20-2017, 03:07 PM

If you are referring to a "certain someone" or "a few" who insult others and/or continue to use vulgar terms and language toward others (whether those "others" are also on this forum or at large) ... then maybe that "certain someone" or those "few" need to be dealt with.

On mil-dot-com we used to try to warn newbies "ya better have a tough skin" cause insults and sarcasm was just part of the "give and take" of the forum, even though members and mods tried to keep it reigned in at times.

I, quite frankly, just ignore those posts and I do not respond to them; but my working with the general public for over 40 years has taught me how to do that.

I'll be interested in "the rest of the story" [Paul Harvey, 1918-2009].
Old 03-20-2017, 03:30 PM

There is a certain mental pygmy that comes to mind ...
Old 03-20-2017, 07:38 PM

I am guilty of using harsh language. But my anger has been directed at only one single member. Getting rid of a useless non contributing troll should come easy...like swatting that nasty mosquito that's sucking the blood from the back of your neck...
Old 03-21-2017, 03:46 AM

IMO ... I think that just ignoring posts stops fueling the fire. It may not stop post but it is obvious that "minds and attitudes" are not going to change by replies.

There is something to be said about allowing another perspective to be heard and good debate can help to see just where another is coming from ... but when it is constant "disrespect" and deliberately trying to be inflammatory then, IMO, the conversation is over!
Old 03-21-2017, 08:58 AM
Administrator

You guys bring up valid points....thick skin, ignore one's post, can't control what others post and how we take it.

To me a good forum allows robust discussions, little to no control over the use of the English lauguage. Other than nude pictures I really don't like setting rules so those that I have set are pretty standard.

When someone comes to me and says please remove my membership because I'm afraid I can no longer control my response to someone's post it got me thinking. Do we need to make changes to the site based upon one person's request, is that change bettering the site? In this case I could be over reacting that's why I've reached out to the admin's for their input.

I know you guys are guessing who I'm referring to but that's really not important. What is important is that all that come here enjoy their stay and want to come back, that is what's most important to me.

Once we decide, what IF ANY changes need to be made I'll give you more information and why ....until then enjoy your time on deck.

Gary
Admin

www.yellowfootprints.com
Old 03-21-2017, 10:37 AM

Aye, aye, sir!
Old 03-21-2017, 10:42 AM
Administrator

Did I get promoted and didn't know it? DAMN now I'm an officer? Ha ha When's the last time you called a Cpl SIR NamVet? Back in our day if'en you said sir to an enlisted Marine you would get BITCH SLAPPED. ha ha

www.yellowfootprints.com
Old 03-21-2017, 10:55 AM

"Ya gotta have a tough skin and take a little rib'n" to be on this forum ... right sir?

I think you you as "captain of the ship" here.
Old 03-21-2017, 11:22 AM
Administrator

You got that right.....

www.yellowfootprints.com