Military Comm Center  

Go Back   Military Comm Center > Military Comm Center - All Military branches welcome > General Open Forums And More

Old 09-02-2018, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woody_in_La View Post
I think I may be working until I die. Between bills and basically spend my life doing this airport management, I really don't have nothing else to do. Maybe I can meet Ms. Right and find other things to do. Not much of a choice in women around here...
I have relatives that live in very rural areas in Kansas. The ones that stay there all marry someone from there and there are very few to choose from. Sounds like a similar situation for you.

It looks like your choices may be:
be happy with the fish that are in your pond
or you better go find a bigger pond to swim in.

Last edited by Mike Hill0341; 09-02-2018 at 10:20 AM.
Old 09-02-2018, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyWolfGhost View Post
My problem is that I'm not a "People Person" as you might be able to tell with some of my posts here. I'm too antagonistic and critical.
Ain't that the friggin truth. I find I have no tolerance for stupid people. I think that's why I've been looking for land out in the desert, so I can get away from everyone. In WA, there is no shortage of "stupid" people, in the cities (i.e. very blue).

I'm also noticing a lot of people in my generation checking out. Recently my best friend from college days passed away, then McCain (my generation), then my wife and I were looking to get one last fishing trip in, and I found out the captain we liked passed away last month (my generation). Everyone is checking out.

Last edited by ipscone; 09-02-2018 at 11:29 AM.
Old 09-02-2018, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Hill0341 View Post
I have relatives that live in very rural areas in Kansas. The ones that stay there all marry someone from there and there are very few to choose from. Sounds like a similar situation for you.

It looks like your choices may be:
be happy with the fish that are in your pond
or you better go find a bigger pond to swim in.

I know! I left a much bigger pond when I took this job. With Louisiana Tech, there were plenty to fish for. Especially when I was getting my degree. Also had Monroe/West Monroe right down the road and Northeast Louisiana University is there. (Now called University of Louisiana in Monroe) My youngest niece is real quick to correct me when I call it NLU, but that is what I knew it as.

Here along the Mississippi River Delta, there isn't much choice when keeping with my standards. And I certainly will not lower them!
Old 09-02-2018, 01:56 PM

I met my better half in college where we were in an elective class together.

We were in no other classes together and she almost took another elective, which if she had, we probably would have never met.

Me an one other fellow in that class were hot on her trail. Thank God she wanted to be with me.
Old 09-02-2018, 10:37 PM

I met my wife of 49+yrs at the USO in DC located on the corner of NW 3rd and Pennsylvania Ave. She was a small town/smaller farm girl that had landed a file clerk job at the FBI in DC back in '62. I didn't meet her till '68. We have exceeded 70 yrs each so far. I trying to out live my dad, but he is still kicking around at 95+ years.

Last edited by devildog64012; 09-03-2018 at 09:46 PM.
Old 09-03-2018, 11:07 AM

Congratulation DevilDog keep going you may make the list like Paul Harvey use to have when he was alive..
Semper Fi....