Military Comm Center  

Go Back   Military Comm Center > Military Comm Center - All Military branches welcome > General Open Forums And More > Car and Truck Enthusiast

Old 11-16-2017, 01:22 PM

Depending on the guilty parties insurance" coverage" due to the laws minimum it might not cover your vehicle. As if I hit a Lamborghini, the owner would have to sue my ass my liability would not cover, just a thought. And you might have problems after problems if you try to repair, but good luck, sorry to hear you are still " fucked up"
Old 11-17-2017, 04:57 AM

I don't know about where you live, but here in NC, if a vehicle has been repaired at a cost above the "totaled" value, the state issues a "salvage title".

Makes it impossible to trade the vehicle, and damned near impossible to sell it outright.
Old 11-17-2017, 05:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipscone View Post
I meant, if they fixed up to fair market they come out worse so totaling is profitable for them.

Assume Value $30K

if thet fix it, it might cost the whole $30K
if they total it, they pay $30K but get the vehicle and get to sell it for salvage, say $10K. so that case they are only out $20k. so they benefit by totaling.

I would prefer they repair it.

Totaling they get the vehicle and can sell it.
If they repair it, I get the vehicle and repair costs. I could repair it and put better stuff on it. They are resisting tepair, because they would not get the vehicle to recoup costs.

Im trying to give me full repair costs, up the full value and let me worry about repairing it. Im sure it can be repaired for less than full value but they dont want to take that chance. so im offering capping repair costs at fair value.
Makes better sense now. That is how it normally works, but I took you post to say they were only going to pay value minus the salvage.

I bet you can either find a good frame guy to fix the frame or buy the heavy duty boxed frame through Quadratec for less than a factory frame.

They also carry the replacement panels and full tubs if your's is tweaked really bad. Been looking at the aluminum tub and front fenders for my YJ.

I am assuming it got the front differential, but did it get the motor, transmission and transfer case too?
Old 11-26-2017, 08:47 AM

I'm probably just going to let them total it. I don't see that I have a choice. I'm a little worried about possible drive train issues (engine, transmission,etc). The farking Honda went under my care and tore it up bad. Doesn't look bad from outside but under the vehicle is all shot.

But totaling a vehicle is always a loss. They never cover everything. Even if I find an exact model, equal to what they give me, it's going to cost me $5K to get it like it was originally. They never give full value on aftermarket items.

I'd have to add suspension, 35" tires, new wheels. OR stay stock.

3 weeks later and my hand is still swollen. Going to se Orthopedic on Tue.
Old 12-05-2017, 10:09 AM

If you're doing any serious offroading then you'll want it replaced. If you're not doing any serious offroading then you don't need a rubicon and could just downgrade to the sport.