Military Comm Center  

Go Back   Military Comm Center > Military Comm Center - All Military branches welcome > General Open Forums And More > Veterans Administration support forum

Old 11-07-2017, 04:48 PM

Default My Story

Military Justice System, is what recently has me interested in finding out more of what can be done to help out in the world and I thought maybe it could start with my story! I was listening to the Air Force former chief officer of justice on CNN, he was speaking of the Texas church shooter and how apparently when he had gotten court martialed there was a plea bargain, and from that there was a limit on sentencing, the judge could have given less but not more than the accepted plea offered.
Now say you had been charged with disobedience of orders and disrespect totaling nine charges, and you had been stolen from by your unit of family Christmas gifts and all your military property, not been allowed to recover from an injury when you had been ejected out of a car, with orders for no duty but been ordered to perform field duties even so. This had occurred at your second duty station after a cheating scandal had forced you out at your first duty station where I was not a part of it but fought for your sanity in the classroom against fellow Marines,(not that I consider cheaters Marines) then all that above occured, would you be in much of a mood for keeping a pledge to do the right thing and fight against "military justice" or just take a plea to get it over?!
Now consider you took the plea, signed it and then on sentencing day a new judge showed up and when he read the sentencing it was not the agreed to plea, but instead of "less" it was more and when you looked at your lawyer he shrugged and picked up his papers and left! Would you feel you had been railroaded, had been possibly mistaken for improper case, sent to the Brig to finish 90 days and a BCD, this is my story I just said fuck it, but you know I was wrong! Don't quit on what you know is right but don't do anything to further your misery as I did, and go back to a life of drinking, drugging that you did before Corps.

Last edited by bobb12919; 11-07-2017 at 04:51 PM.
Old 11-07-2017, 05:34 PM

Default Thanks for sharing Bobb

I will pray for you!
Old 11-07-2017, 05:37 PM

That is your past, Bob, and you are a better person now. Live your life being a good person and helping others. We all make mistakes and bad choices ...
Old 11-07-2017, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobb12919 View Post
Military Justice System, is what recently has me interested in finding out more of what can be done to help out in the world and I thought maybe it could start with my story! I was listening to the Air Force former chief officer of justice on CNN, he was speaking of the Texas church shooter and how apparently when he had gotten court martialed there was a plea bargain, and from that there was a limit on sentencing, the judge could have given less but not more than the accepted plea offered.
Now say you had been charged with disobedience of orders and disrespect totaling nine charges, and you had been stolen from by your unit of family Christmas gifts and all your military property, not been allowed to recover from an injury when you had been ejected out of a car, with orders for no duty but been ordered to perform field duties even so. This had occurred at your second duty station after a cheating scandal had forced you out at your first duty station where I was not a part of it but fought for your sanity in the classroom against fellow Marines,(not that I consider cheaters Marines) then all that above occured, would you be in much of a mood for keeping a pledge to do the right thing and fight against "military justice" or just take a plea to get it over?!
Now consider you took the plea, signed it and then on sentencing day a new judge showed up and when he read the sentencing it was not the agreed to plea, but instead of "less" it was more and when you looked at your lawyer he shrugged and picked up his papers and left! Would you feel you had been railroaded, had been possibly mistaken for improper case, sent to the Brig to finish 90 days and a BCD, this is my story I just said fuck it, but you know I was wrong! Don't quit on what you know is right but don't do anything to further your misery as I did, and go back to a life of drinking, drugging that you did before Corps.

Thanks for sharing. I now know where you are coming from.

We still disagree on most national politics, but I see your points more clearly now.
Old 11-14-2017, 02:15 PM

You might disagree with me on political party ship but like me you ain't up there with these upity mfs, that want to turn this country into a pay for play everything. By that I mean if you ain't got cash you shouldn't have squat, they don't want to hear from you and where the chips have fallen is where they are staying. But guess what this is America and that means I will say anything I want to bring to light any situation I feel is unjust, if I have to sit while they fly old glory and play that old war song, I will. If you or any of the Service member want to step to me please do I will and continue to voice my story, until I have no more breath, if it discredits anyone that is on them! I appreciate your prayers not that God will do anything as I believe only my words of truth heard by the right ppl will give me satisfaction. Been working out getting back in Corps shape in case I need to use my skill against these Russian, or fascist types running around my America!!
Old 12-08-2017, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobb12919 View Post

If you want you can challenge your BCD and have it reverse to saying Honorable..
I have heard this can be done so if you want to try go ahead and try what else do you have to lose.. Good Luck...
Old 12-11-2017, 04:31 PM

Gave up on that a long time ago my friend as you can tell here I like ppl but those service ppl gotta watch em!!

Last edited by bobb12919; 12-11-2017 at 04:48 PM.
Old Today, 06:30 PM

No BCD, but I was forced out with a medical. I wanted and tried to stay in with the help of my CO and 1st Sgt. Did no good when the Battalion CO wanted my ass out. Others were screwing up their lives attempting to get out, yet they were kept and sent off to Leavenworth or other Brigs. While I at least got a 10% rating from the Army, the real nightmare started when I dealt with the VA. I almost lost my GI bill because I was 5-6 months shy of my initial 5 year enlistment. I did end up getting that, but I gave up getting into the VA otherwise. So, I can sorta relate on some of those types you speak of.