Military Comm Center  

Go Back   Military Comm Center > Military Comm Center - All Military branches welcome > General Open Forums And More

Old 04-30-2017, 06:55 PM

I used to get wrapped around the axle about all that kinda stuff when I was younger, but now that I am 67, I really don't care too much about it. If they come down the street of this town (in Utah), which ain't very likely at all, I got 1000 rounds of 7.62 and 500 rounds of .45 to answer 'em. That's probably enough to take care of about all the real bad guys in this whole state, with bullets left over.

As far as the economy collapsing, that ain't gona happen. America is too much in depth. Even if it dropped back even 3 or 4 levels, that would only put it back to the way things were in the 50s and 60s, which wasn't bad at all. People are just too good at doing things. They have way too much savvy to just let the world go all to shyt around them, especially here in America. Look at what happens when a tornado or hurricane goes through. Within days, people are picking up the pieces, clearing away the crap, getting powerlines back up and getting everything back to normal as fast as they can. Yeh, it leaves some scars - but people just keep on keeping on.... That's the American Way!
Old 04-30-2017, 07:05 PM

I am not so sure about all that GWG... Look at the nuts in California, they are rather happy to not only let things go to shit but try to speed up the process...
Old 05-01-2017, 05:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ex_ATCer View Post
I want to prep some but we are about to be evicted from our house. We have the option to buy it, but we are not sure we can get the loan needed. It is hard to store food when you do not know if you will have a good place to live.

Our cabinets are full and we have a freezer full of food. If we lose electricity we are screwed. We never lost power during any of our previous Wars. For a War where conus is hit my family will probably not survive very long.

I just do not have enough money. For food, supplies or housing.

It isn't just war that could disrupt things. Heavy rains, tornados and such could knock out water and power for some time. Either could also make roads impassable which would mean new supplies to stores wouldn't happen.
Old 05-01-2017, 05:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MM2_ss_Lewis View Post
I am not so sure about all that GWG... Look at the nuts in California, they are rather happy to not only let things go to shit but try to speed up the process...

Neither am I. All I have to do is remember how New Orleans fared after Katrina. Points east found folks helping each other and points west after Rita blew through found those folks helping each other. Most residents in New Orleans just sat on their asses and depended on outside help or took advantage of things and went on a stealing spree instead of helping each other.
Old 05-01-2017, 04:14 PM

The one thing I still want to do is install a propane powered generator system that is connected to my home's electrical that will power everything as long as I keep propane in the tank. These units are pricey though ...
Old 05-01-2017, 05:17 PM

how big is your propane tank ??
Old 05-01-2017, 05:31 PM

I don't have the system yet, but I would probably need a 250 gallon propane tank. I believe it could last up to a month or longer if I don't run the heat or air conditioning. To install the entire unit would cost around $5-7K.

Old 05-01-2017, 05:45 PM

I have 50 rounds of .380 pistol. I need to buy more. If our area goes to shit I need to get out of town. There is nearly a million people in our metropolitan area.

The looting and stealing would be chaos.

If I were single I would not care. I have a wife and small child.
Old 05-01-2017, 05:45 PM

Kegler I hope you get it done..

Good luck and let us know when your done..
Old 05-01-2017, 07:12 PM

It's been over 20 years since we lost power for more than a day after Hurricanes Fran and Bertha, but I think we are due. We lost power of over a week after Bertha.