Military Comm Center  

Go Back   Military Comm Center > Military Comm Center - All Military branches welcome > General Open Forums And More > Veterans Administration support forum

Old 03-12-2018, 11:28 AM

I went to my Congress man McHugh whom later was appointed Sec. Of the Army and I have letters saying if he was able to help me he would, so maybe you should contact him if he still is Sec. just don't tell him bobb sent you!!
Old 03-21-2018, 04:20 AM

I don't have a tale of personal woe with the VA system. I may be a rarity in being content with the care I've been receiving thus far. Both at the Castle Point NY, and Biloxi MS facilities. As for supporting the VA and Residential Patients, some local Veterans Orgs and Auxillaries do a better job than others, but most do something, and I am happy to work with a monthly visitation program.

Recently, I was talked into participating in the National Cultural Arts Competition. I can say it was a eye opener to observe and compete. Of the Vets competing, I have the least of any disabilities (My opinion) and greatest respect for those who demonstrated their strengths and abilities. Just to watch my fellow Veterans work past anxiety issues, in addition to any physical problems, just to perform gives a good idea of the commitment they make to be as functional as possible. The effort they make is amazing.

The local competitions for 2018 are wrapping up shortly, and videos are going forward for judging in the National Competitions. The Winners will perform in November in Iowa.

But along with the other events the VA hosts for us and all Veterans. This is a way to reach out and show the rest of our Society; we still function. There is more to the VA, than care for our physical health and well being, or the highlighted failures spotlighted by national media.

And yes, I, also like some, had a less than decent medical practitioner at one point as well. Overall, I am content with the VA and services, I receive. I can only hope the patients in the facilities I interact with each month have good outcomes as well.

Link to VA Creative Arts. Consider it for 2019 if you're eligible to participate.

https://www.va.gov/opa/speceven/caf/index.asp
Lewis Carrol said it best: Other maps are such shapes with their islands and capes, but we've got our brave captain to thank. So the crew would protest, he's brought us the best; A perfect and absolute blank!
Old 07-28-2018, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
Bill, Don't proceed any further on a VA disability with out getting a VSO or I'm sure you will end up with far less then you should receive or get denied all together.

Contact the VA and ask for a list of VSO's in your area. Again what ever you do, don't try to do it by yourself or you will send a lot of time and get nothing.

If you get a disability for your hearing you will not get a cheap set of hearing aids that you can buy in any 5 and dime store. You will get a set programmed for your hearing loss and they will work perfectly.

The hearing aids I get from the VA cost them $11,000. 00 I know the cost because they let me see a copy of the invoice that they paid for my hearing aids.

Please inform me what a VSO is please ??
Old 07-28-2018, 10:09 PM

Arrow What does "vso" mean.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marine72_81 View Post
Please inform me what a VSO is please ??
Veteran OR Volunteer
Service
Officer

or VSO.

A person trained to assist a Veteran in obtaining their rightfully earned Benefits. They can help with getting the paperwork organized and prepared for filing a claim and then help with any and all appeals, if needed. They are usually sponsored by Veterans organization, American Legion, VFW, DAV being three of the most well known. Local units of these should have a lists of local VSO's or know how to find one.
Old 07-29-2018, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by devildog64012 View Post

Veteran OR Volunteer
Service
Officer

or VSO.

A person trained to assist a Veteran in obtaining their rightfully earned Benefits. They can help with getting the paperwork organized and prepared for filing a claim and then help with any and all appeals, if needed. They are usually sponsored by Veterans organization, American Legion, VFW, DAV being three of the most well known. Local units of these should have a lists of local VSO's or know how to find one.
Thank you Devildog