Military Comm Center  

Go Back   Military Comm Center > Military Comm Center - All Military branches welcome > General Open Forums And More > Scuttlebutt

Old 01-14-2020, 06:27 PM

Went to the Mortuary and paid for all the arrangements and fixings for both of us, to lock in the prices - - 18K

When we got home, I put the garbage cans out to the curb to be hauled off tomorrow - -

I did not fail to note the Irony - -
Old 01-15-2020, 07:22 PM

Cut the grass ...
Old 01-16-2020, 07:05 AM

Removed teeth and replaced with implants.
Not a fun thing though.

I told my boys I was doing an implant.
I was implanting a pair of lips to my asshole.
That way, if I told them to kiss my ass, it would kiss them back.
Old 01-16-2020, 10:17 AM

How pain full was it???
Old 01-16-2020, 10:17 AM

Do they put you out cold to remove teeth? The end results lookks nice, but I've wondered what it's like to get there!
Old 01-16-2020, 02:24 PM

I had a really bad experience doing dental surgery when I was in the Air Force.
I had the dentist remove 1" square of bone above my front teeth that was infected from an old injury. They couldn't deaden it with the novacane. I wanted it over with and told him to get it done while I grabbed tight on the armrests.

Therefore, for this go round, they gave me something like valium an hour before. Then they used a LOT of novacane.

There isn't much pain now but there is a lot of discomfort as the temporary dentures are a terrible fit during the healing.
Removing stitches tomorrow. The implants won't be ready for the matching teeth until 4 to 8 months.
They are still a form of dentures that I will be able to snap out.
Old 01-16-2020, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catahoulagill View Post
I had a really bad experience doing dental surgery when I was in the Air Force.
I had the dentist remove 1" square of bone above my front teeth that was infected from an old injury. They couldn't deaden it with the novacane. I wanted it over with and told him to get it done while I grabbed tight on the armrests.

Therefore, for this go round, they gave me something like valium an hour before. Then they used a LOT of novacane.

There isn't much pain now but there is a lot of discomfort as the temporary dentures are a terrible fit during the healing.
Removing stitches tomorrow. The implants won't be ready for the matching teeth until 4 to 8 months.
They are still a form of dentures that I will be able to snap out.
YOUCH! I had a very bad event like that while in the Army. I had a molar go bad. The dentist did a root canal and put in a temporary. I told him I was going to the field/fence for 45 days (Germany 1972) - it needed to be permanent! He would not budge. Well the temporary dropped out and the tooth became impacted, just like that scene in Castaway! I got to a field hospital that was setting up, and stood in front of a window for light while the dentist broke up and pulled the damned thing! It was MURDER. But it felt so much better when it was gone. I now have two other missing teeth for similar reasons. I thought about getting them replaced with implants, but I dont want all that pain again!
Old 01-16-2020, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyWolfGhost View Post
YOUCH! I had a very bad event like that while in the Army. I had a molar go bad. The dentist did a root canal and put in a temporary. I told him I was going to the field/fence for 45 days (Germany 1972) - it needed to be permanent! He would not budge. Well the temporary dropped out and the tooth became impacted, just like that scene in Castaway! I got to a field hospital that was setting up, and stood in front of a window for light while the dentist broke up and pulled the damned thing! It was MURDER. But it felt so much better when it was gone. I now have two other missing teeth for similar reasons. I thought about getting them replaced with implants, but I dont want all that pain again!
Putting in the implant portion into the bone was not bad at all.
Tooth extraction and then place in the implanted portion leaving a way to attach a crown.
With the work they did on me, I had to extract wisdom teeth and still strong I teeth. Have quite a few stitches as they had really long roots and had to be cut out.
A lot of healing left to go.

The trouble I'm having right now is that these dentures feel seriously out of place and dig in to tender areas when swallowing or talking.
I'm still not up for chewing food.
Old 01-16-2020, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catahoulagill View Post
Putting in the implant portion into the bone was not bad at all.
Tooth extraction and then place in the implanted portion leaving a way to attach a crown.
With the work they did on me, I had to extract wisdom teeth and still strong I teeth. Have quite a few stitches as they had really long roots and had to be cut out.
A lot of healing left to go.

The trouble I'm having right now is that these dentures feel seriously out of place and dig in to tender areas when swallowing or talking.
I'm still not up for chewing food.
Implants may be down the road - but I never thought I'd last this long, so I never looked more than a few months ahead - - for 2 decades. Life never quite rolls out like ya expect it!
Old 01-19-2020, 07:03 PM

Time to replace my water filters ...